Saturday

28th February 1671

In early morning dolphin littered seas we passed by a lighthouse long gone to ruin, huge black owls with human faces watched us, throwing out warnings and bearing their teeth. 'Pass on by' , 'Remember us not' they seemed to say. Later we came across a man who had been tied to a buoy for two hundred more years, his empty seagull ravaged face spat and shouted 'The barnacles have me, choose your future well' . The sea is a monster, I pray for mad weather to take me to land,.

1 comment:

  1. This part of the journey reminds me of when I was a young child on a ship in the Atlantic watching schools of flying fish at sunrise. One day the sea went from placid to mad in a heartbeat--it can be a monster. Fortunately we made landfall, but to a monstrous snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete